Friday, March 2, 2012

QUESTIONS?



I am finding that I cannot seem to wait to be able to sit down and write a new entry for this challenge - and it is only Day 2.  Many small moments of my day are spent thinking about what to write, or anticipating the moment I will have by myself to compose.  However, I also find I have more questions than writing ideas - so for today, I will address those questions and see if anyone out there can answer some of them - or perhaps shares some of them.

1.  How can I prevent this blog from turning into just a place to VENT at the close of each day.  I am not a negative person, nor am I depressed or even necessarily unhappy.  But I do have things I want to write about and I find many of them are not so "positive."

2.  I do not have much desire to use this challenge to write about my students, my teaching, my experience in education or with teaching reading and writing (though in reality, I'm sure I will address some of those things over the month.)  Is this BAD????  Seems like so many others are focusing on these topics.

3. How can I possibly do this when I have recently determined that as much as I'd like, I cannot compose an original thought in any creative way.  (REALLY.....!)

4.  How the hell - oops, heck - do you deal with an 11 year old and a 13 year old?  They are driving me NUTS!

5.When am I going to find the time to be able to read other posts - there are so many great ones from so many of you that I want to read.

6.  What am I going to do about this really INSANE parent I have to meet with at Parent-Teacher conferences next week.  Last Fall's conference was an absolute nightmare and I told my principal I would never meet with her alone again.  Things are not shaping up to look any brighter for next week's conference - I may have to honestly ask my principal for help.  How can I handle things better with a person who is not rational!?

7.  Will I establish any friendships through this process?  One can hope...

I'm sure I will think of many more questions upon posting this entry, but these will have to do for now. Thanks for listening.  I think I hear a glass of wine calling my name....

2 comments:

  1. I think we have to find our own voices as writers. This is my first time taking on this challenge, too. I am just learning from it and just writing to see where it takes me. I don't know exactly how to manage all the reading I want to do either. So I just do that, too. I am thinking a system will evolve. There isn't a right or wrong way. As for the 11 and 13 year old, don't they always drive everyone crazy at that age.? :) Let your principal sit in with you on that conference, really that is part of their job. All of this is mostly to say you aren't alone in your questions or struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the writing challenge. Through writing you will probably find many answers to your questions. This challenge does not have topic or style requirements. You'll find so many different things to write about, your moods will change and thoughts will pop up unexpectedly. As for own kids, students, and parents there isn't much to do. Patience and talking (sometimes not talking) help to stay sane. The one issue nobody has figured out yet is finding extra time. Comments don't have to be long. Sometimes one word is enough.
    Have fun writing.

    ReplyDelete