Friday, March 2, 2012
I am finding that I cannot seem to wait to be able to sit down and write a new entry for this challenge - and it is only Day 2. Many small moments of my day are spent thinking about what to write, or anticipating the moment I will have by myself to compose. However, I also find I have more questions than writing ideas - so for today, I will address those questions and see if anyone out there can answer some of them - or perhaps shares some of them.
1. How can I prevent this blog from turning into just a place to VENT at the close of each day. I am not a negative person, nor am I depressed or even necessarily unhappy. But I do have things I want to write about and I find many of them are not so "positive."
2. I do not have much desire to use this challenge to write about my students, my teaching, my experience in education or with teaching reading and writing (though in reality, I'm sure I will address some of those things over the month.) Is this BAD???? Seems like so many others are focusing on these topics.
3. How can I possibly do this when I have recently determined that as much as I'd like, I cannot compose an original thought in any creative way. (REALLY.....!)
4. How the hell - oops, heck - do you deal with an 11 year old and a 13 year old? They are driving me NUTS!
5.When am I going to find the time to be able to read other posts - there are so many great ones from so many of you that I want to read.
6. What am I going to do about this really INSANE parent I have to meet with at Parent-Teacher conferences next week. Last Fall's conference was an absolute nightmare and I told my principal I would never meet with her alone again. Things are not shaping up to look any brighter for next week's conference - I may have to honestly ask my principal for help. How can I handle things better with a person who is not rational!?
7. Will I establish any friendships through this process? One can hope...
I'm sure I will think of many more questions upon posting this entry, but these will have to do for now. Thanks for listening. I think I hear a glass of wine calling my name....