Thursday, March 6, 2014

Worst Birthday ever...

This was a long time ago, but I'll never forget the worst birthday ever...

It was December.
We were moving out of our rented house so things were in shambles - boxes and furniture
           everywhere.
The sofa sat squarely in the center of our living room.
I sat on it.
My husband handed me my two gifts - one from him and one from my parents in Arizona, 
           which he had purchased on their behalf.
I was turning 35.
Gift #1 (from Mom and Dad):  a toaster.  Really!? (My husband comments that ours broke
          recently and he had mentioned to them we needed a new one.)

Gift #2  (from husband):  a blow dryer.  REALLY?????!!!!!  (Husband comments that mine
         died recently and he knew I needed a new one).

Me.....bursting into tears.
Husband looking at me bewildered, trying to figure out what was wrong?

REALLY?

Quote of the day:   Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed
                                                                              ~Alexander Pope

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, with my 35th birthday approaching, you've targeted my greatest fear: that no one really gets me. Thanks for writing this - I've been on the fence about the lame-o birthday present I just bought my sister-in-law- you've inspired me to do better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is March 6th your birthday? Just wondering because that's mine! I didn't get any blow dryers or toasters though!

    ReplyDelete