Top Ten Things I Love about SOLC:
1. The comments! They re really the most important thing for me as a writer right now – I desperately need the motivation and connections.
2. The new friendships – I feel as if I’ve known many of you all my life and I am grateful for getting to know new writers this year.
3. The opportunity to exercise my writing muscle – I don’t do this by my own volition at present, so this challenge presents an opportunity to improve my skills
4. The opportunity to be consciously introspective and to be present in the moment
5. The awareness of the small moments in our daily life that should not be overlooked
6. The inspiration this challenge provides to broaden the way I use writing in my life
7. The chance to read and comment on fellow slicers’ posts – it has been a privilege to be invited into your lives, share your experiences, marvel at your creativity
8. The connections to other writing and reading challenges that I might join
9. Support, affirmation, kindness, gratitude, challenges, motivation, welcome
10. The promise of another SOLC in a year…
Thank you to Stacey and all her team. Year Three was NOT the easiest year for me as a writer – I often struggled and I don’t feel my writing was at its best. But, I persevered – it is a CHALLENGE after all. I hope to continue on Tuesdays – but I’ve made that promise before without much success.
Thank you to all fellow slicers – you enriched my life this month.
I appreciate you all more than you will know.
Here’s to a beautiful spring (may the snow stop for those of you who are still buried in it), and a relaxing summer.
Until next year…
Quotes of the day:
“The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye...until we meet again”
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest