Sunday, March 2, 2014

Change

Change is coming
I know it
I feel it
It has been postponed, delayed, put off
but it is inevitable
my stomach churns, tightens
a permanent lump in my throat
maybe... maybe not yet
can I pretend a bit longer?
Fear clings to me
maybe... maybe it could be GOOD
maybe it's not too late
         for my
        dreams
maybe we can realize happiness
for now, though
all remains confused
we walk on eggshells
we hold
our
breath

Quote of the day:  Life is its own journey, presupposes its own change and movement, and one tries to arrest them at one's eternal peril.
                                                                ~Laurens van der Post

6 comments:

  1. I like the format of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like me on my job search after being home for 10 years!! change! enjoyed this thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got all the emotions that seem to come with change. Change is a good thing...it allows us to grow. I liked the format too. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this poem too… My kiddos are all gone and I need to downsize my house.. but it's sooooo hard to let go… and… change

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Change seems to be so hard. Good luck with accepting this change you are writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The unknown that comes with change is always frightening. I hope you are worried for nothing.

    ReplyDelete