Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back Again

I can't believe March is almost here again.  I find myself giddy - yes, I used the word GIDDY - with excitement at challenging myself to write daily again.  I swore to stay connected and write every Tuesday, but managed only one post.  UGH.  But, no beating myself up - I'll just try again.

With a pile of papers to grade calling to me from my bag, and dinner to still get ready, I'll have to make this a short post - today I am asking questions. . .

Why -

Why can't I seem to get well?  January and February have been brutal.
Why does teaching no longer move me - and how can I get to retirement sanely?
Why does a particular family member feel compelled to make Facebook entries solely designed to make others feel jealous or bad?
Why can't I seem to find a circle of friends as supportive as those in the SOLC group?
Why am I procrastinating about getting back into my exercise routine?

Looking forward to hearing from other SOLC slicers.  I've missed you!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are coming back. We all need support and a kind word, that's what you can count on from the slicers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elsie! I've appreciated your comments in the past and look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, some of your questions resonated with me. I've struggle with illness the past two months and then a fall sidelined my walking routine. Giddy is a good word to describe the excitement of a month of writing . . . sometimes it's just plain grueling . . . but always in the end gratifying. So glad to see you back and looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona. I even look forward to the grueling days. : ) Glad to be back.

      Delete
  4. I remember journeying with you last year--your words are so authentic and deep. I think sometimes we hear the words differently when we read them, and perhaps we write them differently then we say them. I think we know our fellow slicers in an authentic way, with the walls down and the masks put away. We are a community built on support. I am glad you are back; I think your voice needs to be heard, for your sake and others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back, & look forward to a great month of slicing, Julie! I'm working my way through lots of 'stuff' so it'll be good to share with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see (read) you again. SOL is great in helping to keep sanity and good spirits. I hope that I can meet the challenge in March, it is a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete